The previous diary ended with an intellectual conclusion, that if the self doesn’t cease completely, radically, the self will be always creating problems. This intellectual conclusion was so shallow, wasn’t it. This issue was discussed later in our Facebook group and we found extraordinary things!
- Eva: We are the problems, and the problems are those images hopes desires, that is the essence of the problem maker. We are all of that, in the absence of that can there be problems?
- Jorge: Even if a problem is solved, or erased, the problem maker is still active and he will create a new one.This is a fact, no?
- Gordon: The problem maker and the problem are not separate are they?
- Eva: Nope they are one
- Jorge: Still once a problem is solved a new is born, no?
- Eva: We only separate them when we want to act on the problem. If when there is awareness or one is aware that me and the problem are one, what is intelligent action?
- Gordon: Seeing the fact that there is no separation.
- Eva: Then what is intelligent action? Seeing the fact of it?
- Gordon: Jorge Kapa as you say, the problem maker is still acting.
- Gordon: Yes, without compromise, with full attention.
- Eva: Gordon me and the problem are one. Any movement away from this fact only perpetuates problems right?
- Gordon: Right, because it is the problem maker who moves away. Right?
- Eva: Searching for answers solutions, are all movements away from self, the problem maker, right?
- Eva: Seeing that, what is right action?
- Jorge: Οh, now i get it.. once you see there is no separation between the problem and the problem maker, Intelligent action is to cease acting on the problem.
- Eva: Bingo
- Eva: None action!!!
- Jorge: Hehe its crazy
- Eva: The observer is the observed! Once one understands this fact one is free
- Eva: Careful not make it into an idea then act on it
- Eva: Not an intellectual understanding is actual
- Gordon: Yes. In the seeing of this, then one ceases to act on the problem because to act on the problem is the action of the problem maker.
- Jorge: i was focusing on the fragment (problem), before! ! ! I wasn’t loooking at the whole (problem maker/ problem)
So let’s say a new -psychological- problem (created necessarily by me, the Ego, the “I”) emerges. Once i actually see that “I” create my problems, I am the problem maker, my potential is just to create problems, this direct seeing will make me say “No thanks, I am not interested in solving this problem, i know just how to create problems, i also just created this problem a few minutes ago, i am completely incapable of solving it”. And there is stillness, there is non action which is holistic action, there is peace and beauty and freedom from the problem which is freedom from the problem maker, actually is absolute freedom.
A few other sayings that convey something similar:
“The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.”
“You are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem“